You're Part of the Team
At In Vitro Sciences, we realize that a patient's Ob/Gyn is integral to the infertility process. Your initial screening and prompt referral can have a significant impact on your patient’s chance for success. Our Centers appreciate the opportunity to participate in your patient's infertility treatment and are committed to close communication and feedback with referring doctors. Our Centers’ goal is to deliver the high quality medical care you and your patients expect — and to return your patients to you with a healthy pregnancy.
We appreciate your confidence and support. We are proud to partner with world-class Centers of Excellence and offer heartfelt hope to your patients, always remembering that our successes are your successes, too. We encourage your patients to visit www.invitrosciences.com..
In addition to our Centers of Excellence programs for your patients, here are some of the services In Vitro Sciences can provide to you:
Billing and Collection
From electronic data interchange and electronic claims submissions, to patient statement processing and customer service, our sophisticated systems will streamline the entire billing process. You'll see improvement in your accounts receivables and gain control over your cash flow. Working closely with our Managed Care Contracting Team, our Billing and Collection Team works diligently to exceed current industry standards and guidelines.
We will provide you with these advantages:
Payer knowledge. Our In Vitro Sciences Team is fertility and IVF-specific — ensuring payer requirements are met to get the best and fastest reimbursements. They are cross-trained for increased functionality and efficiencies to benefit you.
Customer service. With a toll-free number for patient customer service, we handle all patient inquiries regarding balance after insurance, outstanding co-pays, and deductibles.
Self-pay collections. We do all patient billing and follow-up phone calls. We have a Self-Pay Team that will exhaust all efforts before sending the bill to an outside collection agency. You'll be involved in the process before proceeding to agency collection to assure the best possible patient relationship and outcome.
Payment posting. All insurance and non-office based patient payments are posted in our Central Billing Office. Plus, we have comprehensive, secure lock box services.
Claims. With over 100 proprietary rules designed to catch problem claims, our Claims Preview and Scrubber Program - combined with our Certified Coding Team - assures you the best possible percentage of claims paid successfully upon first submission. Then, our aggressive insurance claims follow-up and collections group rarely leaves anything unaddressed.
Reporting. We provide comprehensive reporting packages containing both financial and operational data, plus detailed productivity reports going beyond standard charges, revenues and Accounts Receivable. We report on trending for services, provider specific productivity, as well as claims audits for coding, reimbursement and outlier data.
Coding. We maximize reimbursement and comply with all industry requirements by submitting clean claims and appropriate coding information, right from the start. Using customized coding refined through years of experience, we provide demonstrable results. Through more than ten years of experience working with all payers, we've developed a specialty clinical coding program that assists with the coding/compliance process in the third party reimbursement model.
With our unmatched expertise, you will benefit from:
Increased collections through clean claims. Our Automated Claims Preview and Scrubber Program and our Certified Coding Team together ensure proper input resulting in clean claims submissions from the outset and faster payments.
An annual review of all CPT codes - new and existing - to be sure charge schedules are set appropriately.
Annual chart audits to make sure your practice is up-to-speed. We also provide refresher training as needed.
Successful managed care contracting goes beyond fee negotiations and contract language. We work to make sure your clinicians are properly credentialed and that paperwork is processed accurately. We transmit relevant information to our Central Billing Teams. We measure and monitor activity. In addition to reviewing what you already have and making recommendations accordingly, here's what you can expect from us as we work on your behalf:
- Getting the proper paperwork needed to submit applications.
- Monitoring the process to make sure the application is expedited by the managed care plans.
- Getting the right information to our Billing Teams to facilitate payment.
- Making sure you're getting paid in accordance with the agreements we establish.
Credentialing doesn't end when the managed care plans approve a provider. Verifying a provider is credentialed and will get paid is one thing; ensuring they are paid the contracted rates is another. By performing audits on payments rendered by newly-credentialed providers, we've been able to identify when plans are paying the providers according to our contracted rates and when they're not. Identifying problems early on is critical. The sooner underpayments are identified, the sooner the plans can correct their systems and the fewer underpayments there will be.
Benefit from our specially developed and easy to implement tools designed to meet today's tough standards, including our risk assessments and recommendations. Be ready to face the challenges in our ever-changing health care system. Among our industry-leading services:
- Standard training and documentation materials to meet all industry requirements, including compliance programs and support, as well as HIPAA training and support. All training is provided in the manner that works best for you and your employees, and can be accomplished in your office with our specialized train-the-trainer program.
- Templates to establish a site-specific compliance program in areas like medical record release forms, consent forms and encounter forms using up-to-date codes.
- Compliance Hotline offering your employees a confidential way to address their concerns.
- Consultative Services to help you identify risk areas and tools for monitoring.
- Continuing Education to help keep you and your employees up with new standards.
- Standard OSHA Training to simplify requirements in an easy-to-manage format.
- Auditing of your current documentation and coding practices.
Legal, Accounting and Insurance
Working with your current advisers, we provide in-depth finance and accounting systems and structure, governance agreements, committee structures, insurance coverage, and more, all to ensure your practice is well covered.
We provide full services in the areas of:
- Accounting, including preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Arranging for necessary legal services, professional liability, and other insurance needs. Plus, we negotiate favorable financial terms with banks for practices, and prepare financial budgets.
- Handling of accounts payable, centrally managed with online remote data entry.
- Pension and profit sharing plans allowing physicians to be better prepared for retirement.
You can rest easy knowing that our expert Finance Team is working in partnership with your advisers - all for your benefit.
Our top-notch IT Team is dedicated to making you and your practice run smoothly and efficiently in a state-of-the-art technology environment - from WANs and LANs to EMRs and more. Our systems are tailored specifically to the physician’s specialty, providing the highest level information technology infrastructure and support services.
To improve physician productivity, our IT experts help you navigate through the rapidly evolving options for specialty-focused, leading-edge Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) capabilities, as well as other electronic tools to improve practice performance.
To streamline your office functions, following a formal site assessment, we install our customized, proven HIPAA-compliant practice management system at your site. This comprehensive system includes patient demographics, registration, scheduling and electronic data interface. We'll train your practice staff in all facets of utilization. Built on the concept of a single patient database, our system provides a patient-centered approach to practice management, including:
- Customizable patient registration
- Powerful appointment scheduling
- Management reporting and analysis
- Extensive security
- Collection module.
Insurance and Risk Management
Expertise, experience, and focus - and proven results - are needed in these critical areas that take so much time, effort and money. We bring you all that and more. With one of Women’s Health USA’s key physician groups, we have built a full captive insurance company and provide underwriting and credentialing guidelines, funding analyses, risk management policies and procedures, accounting functions, tax filings and claims management. We'll put it all together to help determine the right programs for you.
Based on the type of insurance program you purchase, we work with your carrier and broker to perform site assessments to identify areas of risk exposure. We track group and site trending and make risk-reducing recommendations; we develop programs and identify products to help deliver a system-wide risk management program. Areas reviewed include record retention, documentation templates, consent forms and more, to make sure you and your practice are covered.
Our Risk Management specialists have established sound policies and procedures for your protection and peace of mind. They cover everything from reporting potential liability cases and assessing the value of a claim, to criteria for assigning defense counsel to outlining procedures for effective communication among all parties. Litigation guidelines cover initial contacts, investigations, procuring of medical examinations, discovery and depositions, motions, cross-claims and third-party actions, research, reporting and settlements. We've also built Peer Review and Incident procedures to provide standards for internal review of potential claims, recommendations regarding risk assessment and reduction, and physician monitoring, reporting and premium reallocation.
Managed Care Contracting
Determining which plans are critical to your bottom line is crucial. Then you have to know what to negotiate for - not just fees but contract language as well. We know what services matter. We know who to talk to. We know how to leverage the value of our physician-business partnership, and how to get the right things done. The right actions can add 5-10% to your top line, which adds more than 10-20% to your bottom line. You can expect:
- Negotiated annual increases for all major health plans to insure rates are competitive and above market standards.
- Routine audits of fee schedules, making sure the managed care plans are honoring the terms and quickly correcting any errors.
- Expertise in best practices for contract language and terms of your managed care contracts.
- Revenue Enhancement Services
- Now you can strategically decide what ancillary services, products or new technologies will provide you with the return you're looking for. We continually search for a wide variety of services, products and technologies that may enhance or improve the quality of care or quality of life for patients and provide additional revenue streams for you.
Our comprehensive and proven process for success includes:
- Patient surveying. We conduct extensive pre- and post- launch surveys to ensure the right services are added at the right time.
- Product/service comparative analysis. We do industry-wide research and comparative analysis to ensure that the most suitable services are selected, allowing you to be early adopters of - or at least have a quality position on - the latest technologies.
- Financial analysis. We produce a thorough financial analysis of any new service or technology that includes such key elements as pricing, cost of implementation, additional staffing and insurance coverage, and cost benefit analysis.
- Practice-specific cost saving and productivity opportunities. Our expert team evaluates your practice's financial and operational performance, looking at overall profitability versus just increased revenue. We suggest actions to improve physician and office productivity, like implementing ancillary services, improving E&M coding, controlling staffing levels and expenses, adding satellite locations, adding staff when appropriate, looking at space planning, and providing management training.
- Marketing programs and materials. We develop the marketing tools necessary to promote the selected program. Such tools include advertisements, brochures, posters, mailings, events and websites.
Patients. They come first when it comes to providing the best in clinical care, outcomes, services and experience. We enable our team members to provide desired and differentiating services, all to assure best-in-the-industry patient relations.
We develop educational programs to help patients deal with infertility. The goal? Satisfied patients that will refer their friends, family members, and coworkers.
In Vitro Sciences, 22 Waterville Road, Avon, CT 06001